We are proud of our graduates.
Featuring Joseph Buscarello, class 2016
Joseph originally from Huntington, Long Island and grew up with a passion for Mathematics. While an undergraduate student at Fordham University, he decided his heart lies more with Physics. After receiving his BS in Engineering Physics, he began a career with Photonics Industries International as a Laser Engineer. After a short period of time, he was promoted to the Quality Control Manager where he oversaw the quality and reliability of every Laser the company produced. At the peak of his time with Photonics Industries, he was producing a large volume of Lasers for Apple to use in the Watch manufacturing facilities. After about a year of working in the field, he decided to continue academic pursuits by obtaining the MS in Photonics from Queens College. He now works for DDC Technologies that produces Hair and Tattoo Removal Lasers for customers worldwide. Here is what he says about his time at the Photonics program:
Here is the list of recent alumni with their current (January 2017) places of employment.
"The QC Photonics program was the perfect mix of intimate class settings, but challenging and highly applicable course material. I am significantly better prepared to handle challenges in my field because of my time with QC."
- Christopher Chinhong (class of 2015) - Corning, Inc (optical engineer)
- Steven Vallone (class of 2015) - a Ph.D. student at CUNY Graduate Center
- Jonathan Ocasio (class 2016) Synergy Optronics (optics technician)
- Joseph Buscarello (class 2016) DDC Technologies (senior laser engineer)
- Karat Srinath (class 2016) DDC Technologies (laser engineer)
- Heriberto Vasquez (class 2016) Light Age, Inc. (laser engineer)